Vouchers was created back in 2019 so that companies could easily cover rides for their customers and employees. As business needs have changed over time, the vouchers were adapted to include ordering meals for delivery on Uber Eats too. Today, vouchers are an important tool for small businesses working to grow sales, reward employees, and more. To get started with vouchers, set up a free account with Uber for Business.
What are Vouchers?
Vouchers allow small businesses to pay for customer and employees meals or rides through individual vouchers, which are similar to gift cards. The key differences are that the vouchers can be controlled through parameters, and businesses will only pay for the amount used rather than a pre-set sum.
Companies can instantly create vouchers and send a unique link by text, email or other channel. It’s easy for customers and employees to redeem – all it takes is a few taps.
There are three types of Voucher available:
· Vouchers for Rides and Uber Eats
· Vouchers for Rides
· Vouchers for Uber Eats
Why use Vouchers?
Among many reasons, Vouchers is a great way for small businesses to connect with customers and reward employees. Some of the benefits of using Vouchers include:
Businesses determine what amount the recipient can spend and when.
As the world continues to adapt to life with Covid-19, businesses have innovated and pivoted. Whether it’s a ride to work or a meal delivered to workers at home, Vouchers allows flexibility to provide what small businesses need to keep moving forward, no matter the circumstance.
Showcasing your brand
Increase awareness of your brand by sending vouchers to customers that include your small business’s logo.
Strengthening customer loyalty and employee engagement
Provide a meal during a virtual client meeting to surprise and delight potential customers, or help employees feel appreciated with a team meal or complimentary ride.
Enhancing your customer experience
Bundle a voucher with a purchase to incentivise a larger purchase by customers, or drive traffic to a bricks-and-mortar shop or online store with the help of a voucher incentive.
How can small businesses use Vouchers?
Providing a one-time thank you or creating and regularly contributing to a commute programme are just two of the many ways that vouchers are commonly used by Uber for Business customers. Here are some others:
- Events (in-person and virtual): Increase attendance and engagement by keeping attendees well fed throughout a sales kick-off, webinar or virtual team-building session.
- Client and team meetings: Keep employees and valuable customers (or prospective customers) well-fed during meetings, in person or virtually.
- Customer incentives: Help drive sales and increase purchase value by bundling a voucher with products as a reward for purchases.
- Meal programmes: Provide meals with parameters to manage all employee and guest needs.
- Subsidised rides: Pay for a portion of a ride for employees, customers or guests.
- Courtesy rides: Make sure VIPs are taken care of or event attendees head home seamlessly with a courtesy ride.
- Recruiting: Send a job candidate a voucher for a ride to in-person interviews.
- Business travel: Provide rides to and from the airport and in unfamiliar cities for employees.
- Commutes: Ensure that employees have transportation to and from work each day with a voucher for rides with Uber.
How to set up vouchers
To get started, sign up for a free Uber for Business account using this link– it takes only a few minutes. Then sign in to the Vouchers dashboard. Once you’ve navigated to voucher creation, set parameters for voucher use. From there, you are able to distribute the voucher in a way that best fits your needs:
- By email or text
- With a URL link
- Through a code input in the Uber app
- Directly to customers from the Vouchers dashboard
Vouchers are easy for customers and employees to use and redeem. You can track the success and use of your vouchers using the Vouchers dashboard. Voucher terms and conditions apply.